Anaita Shroff Adajania
Anaita Shroff Adajania
|Born||1972/1973 (age 48–49)|
|Occupation||Fashion stylist, costume designer|
Fashion Director Vogue India
|Years active||1995- present|
Early life[edit | edit source]
Career[edit | edit source]
She started her career as assistant fashion editor with Elle magazine, upon its Indian launch in 1996. Subsequently, she worked with L'Officiel India, before becoming the fashion director at Vogue India.
The owner of the Style Cell company, Adajania has been noted for her design work on several Bollywood films including Dhoom 2, Being Cyrus, Everybody Says I'm Fine!, Love Aaj Kal and Cocktail. She has notably styled all three films in the Dhoom series, starting with Dhoom (2004) where she worked with John Abraham and Esha Deol's look, followed by Dhoom 2 (2006) where in she worked with Aishwarya Rai Bachchan, Hrithik Roshan and Bipasha Basu, then in 2013 edition of the franchise Dhoom 3, she styled Katrina Kaif.
Her designs have also been featured in magazines including Vogue, L'Officiel, Elle and Rolling Stone. Shroff also currently styles actress Deepika Padukone exclusively for all of her events.
Apart from this, she has acted in walk-on roles in films, like Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (1995), wherein she played Sheena, Simran's (Kajol) friend in London whom Raj (Shah Rukh Khan) flirts with at the start of the European trip. In Kal Ho Naa Ho (2003), she played Gita, Rohit's (Saif Ali Khan) friend. ]
Filmography[edit | edit source]
|1995||Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge||Sheena (Simran's friend)||walk on role|
|2001||Everybody Says I'm Fine!||Stylist|
|2003||Kal Ho Na Ho||Gita (Rohit's friend)||walk on role|
|2006||Hope and a Little Sugar|
|2006||Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna||stylist|
|2009||Love Aaj Kal||stylist|
|2014||Lekar Hum Deewana Dil|
|2014||Finding Fanny Fernandes||stylist|
Personal life[edit | edit source]
Awards[edit | edit source]
|Year||Award Giving Body||Category||Work||Result||Ref|
|2007||8th IIFA Awards||Best Costume Design||Dhoom 2||Won|||
|2010||11th IIFA Awards||Best Costume Design
(shared with Dolly Ahluwalia)
|Love Aaj Kal||Won|||
References[edit | edit source]
- "Q&A With Vogue Fashion Director Anaita Shroff Adajania". Mumbai Boss. 6 January 2013. Archived from the original on 24 December 2013. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "HT Brunch Cover Story: Some good-natured bawi banter!". Hindustan Times. 29 March 2020. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- "Making Hrithik, Ash look super hot". Rediff.com, movies. 28 November 2006.
- ""It's a myth that fashionable clothes work only on skinny people," celebrity stylist Anaita Shroff Adajania shoots straight". Hindustan Times. 29 July 2017. Retrieved 9 June 2020.
- "5 steps to being a stylist: Anaita Shroff". Hindustan Times. 17 July 2010. Archived from the original on 18 July 2010. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Fashion Director Anaita Shroff Adajania". www.vogue.in. 12 August 2010. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Anaita Shroff - The stylist for Dhoom 2". Archived from the original on 15 July 2012.
- "Dhoom 3: Body of work". Livemint. 20 December 2013. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Anaita Shroff Adajania". Indiatimes. 12 October 2004.
- Blaggan, Ishita (12 September 2014). "NDTV Exclusive: Finding Fanny Designer Anaita Shroff on Dressing Dimple and the Sixth Oddball". NDTV. Retrieved 9 January 2016.
- "Hrithik and Deepika have Anaita to thank". Emirates247.com. 18 February 2013.
- [https://trendykendy.com/10-most-fashionable-men-in-bollywood/ She also started her new talk show called 'Feet up with stars' on Voot.
- "Ten things you should know about Cocktail's director, Homi Adajania". Firstpost. 11 July 2012. Retrieved 23 December 2013.
- "Indian Academy Film Awards: Aamir Khan Bollywood Political Musical + Hrithik Roshan & Rani Mukherji Among Winners".
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 15 March 2016. Retrieved 20 March 2018.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)