Akash K Aggarwal
Akash K Aggarwal
Career[edit | edit source]
Aggarwal, who owns the Shubhashini Ornamentals brand, is also an accessory designer. He predominately works in Bollywood. Many celebrities have worn his jewelry, including Vidya Balan, Sushmita Sen, Swara Bhaskar, and Kriti Sanon.
In 2017, Swara Bhaskar walked the ramp of Aggarwal's show themed on Changing Phase Of Feminism on the final day of the India Runway Week. Aggarwal's spring summer range titled Tribe Vibe Collection resonates with the symbolism of old tribal art such as peroi and jadau, as well as fine filigree techniques.
In 2018, Indian acid attack survivor Laxmi Agarwal walked the ramp for Aggarwal in India Runway Week. Aggarwal presented a special Surkh- you ignited collection for the event to protest against rape. He made Laxmi Agarwal and other models to wear red bands on their left hand to protest against rape and molestation.
References[edit | edit source]
- "Love conquers". The Pioneer (India). Retrieved 15 April 2021.
- "Don't seek approval, acceptance while expressing sexuality says, Designer Akassh Aggarwal". The Indian Express. Retrieved 15 April 2021.
- "IRW Winter/Festive '17: 'Rangyatra' by Subhashini Ornamentals paints Day 2". Asian News International. Retrieved 15 April 2021.
- "Gauhar Khan jewels up India Runway Week's 2nd day". The Financial Express (India). Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- "Asia's youngest designers to participate in this year's IRW". The Sunday Guardian. Retrieved 15 April 2021.
- "Swara Bhaskar's empowering walk for Akassh Aggarwal". The Hans India. Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- "India Runway: Models dressed to protest against rape". United News of India. Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- "In pictures: India Runway Week 2018". National Herald. Retrieved 16 April 2021.
- "India Runway fashion Week का दूसरा दिन रहा LGBTQ के नाम, साहिबा अग्रवाल ने जीता चैलेंज". Navodaya Times (in हिन्दी). Retrieved 15 April 2021.
- "Shubhashini Ornamentals by Aakassh K Aggarwal-India Runway Week". Zee5. Retrieved 15 April 2021.
|This biographical article about an Indian activist is a stub. You can help Bharatpedia by expanding it.|